As a part of the Australian Science Communicators national conference the Science Communicators Association of New Zealand (SCANZ) and the Australian Science Communicators (ASC) are hosting a special breakfast event that will offer insights to the development of science communication in New Zealand and Australia. It will link research, good practice and the reality of practice by including presenters with backgrounds in academia, journalism and science communication. Speakers will provide insights on the development of science communication as both art form and academic discipline, including a timeline to the emergence of modern science communication in both countries, with supporting infrastructure, funding, events, organisations and festivals. It will also be an opportunity to celebrate and reflect on where we’ve come from and where we are at.
- Time: 7:00am, Tuesday 4 Februrary, 2014.
- Venue: Rydges Southbank, 9 Glenelg Street, South Brisbane.
- Cost: $50 for general public, $25 for delegates.
- How: The SCANZ-ASC breakfast is available on the online registration form as an additional function – book tickets now.
- Questions? For any further information please contact Claire.
Prof Ian Lowe
Emeritus Professor of Science, Technology and Society
Prof Jean Fleming
Professor of Science Communication
Associate Dean of Outreach
Toss Gascoigne & Associates
Association of New Zealand