The Science of Sustaining our Urban Landscapes
National Science Week talk in partnership with
- Dr Mark McDonnell – Director, Australian Research Centre for Urban Ecology
- Dr Darryl Jones – Director, Centre for Innovation Conservation Strategies, Griffith University
- Prof. Cliff Dorse, City of Cape Town, Cape Town, Western Cape Province, South Africa
- Prof. Hugh Possingham – Director, The Ecology Centre, The University of Queensland as MC
The 10th International Congress of Ecology (www.intecol10.org/) is to be held in Brisbane from 16 – 21 August 2009. In conjunction with INTECOL we will be hosting a Public lecture & panel discussion focused on Urban Ecology, sustainable urban planning and development and the responsibility of ecologists in securing our future.
Please note the given the style of this event, we will expect to run until 8 pm.
- Time: 6:30pm to 8:00 pm (Doors open at 6pm).
- Venue: Ithaca Auditorium, Brisbane City Hall
- Refreshments: There will be complimentary drinks and nibblies following the talk, and speakers will be available to answer any questions.
- Questions? Contact Lynelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More information on the guests research and interests
Prof. Cliff Dorse
Dr Darryl Jones
Dr Mark McDonnell
Professor Hugh Possingham and Darryl Jones
Habitat structure is more important than vegetation composition for local-level management of native terrestrial reptile and small mammal species living in urban remnants: A case study from Brisbane, Austalia